First Week of School!

It was a whirlwind of a week.  I never know quite where to start most weeks, so I guess we should start with Monday.

Monday we kicked off the new school year.  Hyrum is in second and Lila is doing her last year of preschool.  Her birthday missed the cutoff, so she is an old preschooler.  There wasn't as much excitement as last year, but I do feel like we had the added advantage of knowing what to expect.  All the kids were ready to go.  I took pictures of the older two outside and when I came in Liam was looking for his whiteboard.  

He was darn cute asking about his board, so I made him one for Liam school.  

I like to start off slow, adding more over several weeks until we have our full schedule.  I was grateful we were slow this week, because Owen kind of fell apart...again.  We were flexible in our school times, because of Owen and doctor appointments.  I think its going to take some more juggling and experimenting to get things flowing.  Hyrum picked right up with the course work that was similar to last year.  Lila is rocking preschool.  This week she figured out how to spell mom and dad.  We may need to do a mid year revamp for her with how quickly she is moving.  Liam enjoyed joining the stories and playing in his sensory bin.  

As previously mentioned, Owen fell apart.  Babies always baffle me.  We take two steps forward in one area and ten back in another.  We have struggled now for almost four months with naps.  It wasn't until a few weeks ago that we go a nap longer than 35 minutes without one of us holding him in a dark room the whole time.  Somehow magically this week he started taking two solid naps, which was amazing for starting school.  But, I spent a lot of time at night awake trying to help his sleep.  Part of the trouble was he had a cold, but I can't explain the rest.  All I know is I really tired...again...still...eternally.

On a more positive note with Owen, he is doing really well with eating solids.  He's liked everything except for green beans.  He is also doing well with sitting.  He is starting to hold himself up for a few seconds.  The kids like to play with him more now and Lila loves to hold him while standing.  She has been waiting since Owen was born to stand and hold him.

Hyrum had a doctor's appointment this week.  Everything looks good and the numbers show he is his father's child, tall and skinny.  Liam also got a cold and came into out room multiple times a night needing help with his nose or just coughing.  Tim was asked to speak in church on Tuesday, so he scrabbled to prepare a talk and lesson for primary.  He will be teaching the Valiant 8 class.  

Tim took the older two to a stake activity at a local water park.  I didn't read the flyer very well and so Lila and I made quick trip to the grocery store.  She saw a cart her size, so she did the shopping.  I'm officially retiring.  They got home super late, but had a blast.  Poor Lila was laying on her bedroom floor ready to fall asleep while she was getting ready for bed.

I stayed home with the younger two kids and did home church with Liam.  Then we went outside to bike, but ended up creeping on the neighbor while he mowed.  After 15 minutes, I told him we had to stop because the neighbor kept looking at us funny and I was dripping sweat from just standing.  It's still really hot here.


Tim starts seeing patients on Monday.  It will be interesting to start flying solo again.  He's been around for so long, which has been really nice.  Hopefully, the kids can adjust.  Until next week!

Comments