What a week!

 We had quite the week and one thing led to another and we are arrived at another Sunday before I could update for last week.

We'll start with two weeks ago.  Owen turned six months.  He started struggling with sleep both naps and at night, but it wouldn't peak for another week.  We'll get to that in a bit.  His littler personality is starting to come out.  He hasn't done a full laugh or giggle, but we get huge smiles and little laughs.  He had his six month appointment and it went well.  He is gaining weight and grew taller, but for his size his BMI is still in the 1st percentile.  He'll go back for a weight check when we go back for yet another well child check-up this week.  For as little as he is, he sure knows how to move.  He is very strong and started getting up on all fours in the crawling position.  He is also sitting unassisted for a little bit.  He may be our earliest walker.  Favorite current activities pottying out of his diaper as only boys can, this may or may not include leaking on me.


Since we moved I have been setting goals to learn new cooking skills.  One that I have mastered enough that I wouldn't be ashamed to share is sourdough bread.  I still have lots to learn, but it's a fun still to had to mix up dinners.  I also learned how to make mayo, which has been handy.  I am back on dairy, but still off soy.  Soy is in all mayos, but if I make my own my sandwiches aren't nearly as dry.  I also made brown sugar for the first time.  I may never buy it again!  I showed Tim and he said, "It looks just like the store stuff."  Next up jellies!  

The rest of the week was pretty routine with school and trying to play outside before it got too hot.  We are all looking forward to cooler temperatures, so we can get outside more and play.  I helped to clean the church on Saturday.  Lila and Liam helped by washing windows.  After we got home, Tim went to help someone move.  Later in the day he took the kids on a bike ride.

Sunday started the craziness.  Sunday morning are always hectic, but it's a bad omen when you go to start a vehicle and it almost doesn't start.  With a little prayer Tim got it to turn over and we were off.  It seemed like the battery was the problem.  We made sure to park, so we could be jumped after church.  We have a temple dedication coming up and our recommends expire in September, so we and everyone else stayed after church to get a recommend.  I was last and when I went out Tim was driving around because the van took longer to start and the power doors were no longer working.  Tim backed the van in and declared it wouldn't be going anywhere until we had a new battery.  We had dinner with a family that night and piled into the car.  We got home later than usual.  

Tim tried to get the battery taken care of on Monday, but Labor Day is the worst day to fix a car.  The van stayed parked until Tuesday evening.  The kids and I just did our normal school and walked down to the park to play.  Wednesday we headed to the grocery store and as I was getting the kids out, I heard a hissing sound.  At first it didn't register until I did and then I went hunting.  I saw a giant metal shard in the tire and told the kids to get back in the van.  We made it home just as the tire light came on.  I spent the afternoon juggling kids and getting the spare put on so we could get it to a shop.  We ended up needing to replace the whole tire.

To this point we had also been struggling with Owen and Liam.  Owen has hit his six month sleep regression.  We was up four or five times between midnight and six in the morning and a couple of those times he was up for 45-60 minutes before we could get him asleep.  He's cute, but a terrible sleeper.  He also started struggling with naps and not laying down easily (the only thing he's good at) and taking short naps.  Liam's body is figuring out nighttime potty training, so he started waking up in the middle of the night.  He doesn't go back to bed easily either.  We had a couple of nights were one was up with Owen and the other was on the couch to head off Liam and get him back to bed.  I was in glasses most of the week.  I think we peaked on Wednesday with Owen and Liam started doing better.  Unfortunately, Liam got a bunch of ant bites on his foot and had some more rough nights this weekend.  Ants are the worst!

I was exhausted by Friday.  We managed to get to the library where Lila got her library card.  The librarians sang to her and it was super fun.  I spent a lot of time in the kitchen on Saturday.  We had a dessert activity after church and Lila's birthday to prepare for.  

Sunday was a big day.  Lila has been counting down all week and she was very excited to have her chair decorated and to open presents.  We did waffles for breakfast.  She told everyone it was her birthday at church.  We ate treats and chatted after church.  Liam was so tired that he fell asleep on our way home.  After we got settled, Lila open her presents.  I think we did good this time, she seemed to be very happy with all the ballerina and princess things.

We had cheese pizza and lemonade for dinner and brownies with pink frosting and mint ice cream (a very interesting combination) for dessert.


Tim is the official cake decorator at our house!

The other big news is that we got a trampoline.  We planned on getting it after we bought a house, but we figured why wait, because we could be renting for longer than we expected.  It's been good so far, but they struggle being patient with the different ability levels.


Here's to a cooler, uneventful week!

Comments