No more germs please!

We had a continuation of last week's illness this week.  It's all kind of blur, but we had more of this.  As cute as this is, it's not cute at 2 a.m.  Liam and Owen seemed to get hit the hardest.  They ran high fevers off and on for a few days and that morphed into breathing problems.  The boys would wake up short of breath.  Tim took Liam and I had Owen.  Not.  Fun.  The kids are all doing much better and Tim and I were the last to fall and we are doing better as well.  I was talking with several individuals today and it seems that we weren't the only ones with this illness in the past couple of weeks.  I guess it's going around.

I am finding that even when we are sick, we still do school.  We never really cancel school.  They always seem to want to do school.  We just get a later start and take it slow.  It's nice to still have something to do with the kids and we never really get behind.  I've been working on curriculum for next year.  It's hard to believe that I am already planning it, but Black Friday extends to homeschool curriculum too!

We didn't really go anywhere during the week except to do an emergency Walmart run for cough drops.  It kinda stinks being sick and I don't ever want to do it again.  We were planning on going to the ribbon ceremony for Tim's office.  He works for a Catholic hospital system, so they have a priest come and bless the office and they have a little ceremony.  They wanted a little longer, because the second doctor they hired started this last week.  They wanted them both to be there.  We decided not to share our germs.  One of his coworkers sent a picture.    

Despite being sick, Owen still decided to learn how to pull himself up.  Kids are so funny.  You think they should follow a specific pattern like they crawl before learning to walk.  I find they learn what they want the most.  Liam loves reaching and getting into things.  Learning to pull himself up increases his reach exponentially, which leads to more stuff he can get into.  He still isn't really crawling, but that's okay.

With everyone doing better by the end of the week we made Kolaches.  It had been awhile since I had made them.  They were a hit.  I didn't read the recipe very carefully, so we ended up skipping a lot of rising instructions.  They still turned out great and I was able to use some of my homemade jam to fill it.  They were both really tasty, but i think everyone liked the blackberry best.


We survived a busy Sunday at church.  Between Tim and I we had four meetings and it doesn't look to be slowing down any time soon.  Here's to a healthier week...for reals this time!

Comments