Christmas Break Countdown!

We had another crazy week.  It seems like every time I try to make things less crazy or improve the quality of life...it explodes.  I think the cosmos are trying to tell me something.  Maybe that I need to just stop trying.  😂  Any way lets get down to it!

This was our last full week of school.  We have a partial week next week and then two full weeks off of school.  I think we are all ready for a break.  I have been working on lessons plans for the new year and I am excited for it.  Lila is doing so well with literacy that we will begin reading with her.  We already started writing sentences.  I think she is going to do really well, because she wants it so bad.  We pushed hard in math for Hyrum and we are going to slow it down a bit.  He probably did about 16 weeks worth of lessons in six.  I think it was a little too much for him towards the end.  He is still doing really well.  We are going to add in some life skills for the older two.  Hyrum wants to learn some sewing skills, so we  are going to work on that.  Lila just wants to learn how to use the microwave.  We will mix these in with regular lessons to kind of switch things up.

Hyrum continues to do well with Kuk Sool.  He loves learning new skills.  I don't love it when he practices in the aisles at the grocery store.  It's a little scary when he's about to take out a grandma.  I am working on dance lessons for Lila starting in the new year.  She doesn't know yet, so don't say anything.

Owen is doing well.  We had a really rough beginning on the week.  He cut not one, not two, but three teeth this week.  There is one more that needs to make an appearance.  If the pattern holds true, we are in for another week or so of terrible sleep.  I'm really ready to be done with teething.  He is probably our worst teether.  Typically by five in the morning I'm ready for Tim to take over.  He's really into clapping and experimenting with different sounds.  He is falling a lot more as he is constantly pulling himself up.  

Towards the end of the week.  Lila started having a runny nose.  We thought she was getting better, but she really started getting miserable Saturday night.  Liam spent most of Saturday night and Sunday fevering and awake.  At seven Tim called an audible and said we were all staying home from church.  

Some more positive highlights.  We have been studying different countries and how they celebrate Christmas.  This week was Mexico.  We made bunuelos.  It was my first time frying anything and I think it turned out well.  The kids said it was tasty and we took some to our local library to share with the librarians.  They are super nice.         


We also had a ward Christmas party and Lila and I went to a special Christmas program.  It was really well done and the music was beautiful.  I made three batches of cookies this week for various reasons.  We finally made it out to look at Christmas lights.  We have been trying to go out driving for a couple of weeks now, but we've just had such a crazy schedule.

A rare moment of sibling peaceful fun was captured today.  We were all stuck at home and Hyrum and Lila started dancing...together.  Hyrum liked dipping Lila and it was fun to see them spinning and dancing.  I had no idea they had such skills.  Well I knew each had individual skills, just not skills together.  Ballroom scholarship here they come!


Until next week!  Cross you fingers we are healthy for Christmas!

Comments