Snow Day!

It was a crazy week...that seems to be a theme at our house.  We brought in the new year with some food to bring us good luck.  We had bratts, cabbage and bacon, bread, and oranges and honey.  The kids enjoyed some poppers and then we sent them all to bed.  Maybe one day we will be cool and celebrate more.  Tim had New Year's Day off, so it was nice to have him home, especially since a meal needed to be taken to a family last minute.

Pretty much from Tuesday on Owen and I were both sick.  Lila got the sniffles again as well.  I'm not sure what is happening, but we can't seem to get healthy.  I think we are all on the mend finally.  Owen also had his last top tooth come in.  He now has four teeth on top and three on the bottom.  Between teeth and sickness we saw a lot of each other in the night...like way too much.  Our two worst nights I saw every hour from 1 am to 6 am.  Not.  Cool.  He's by far our worst sleeper and teether.

We also started school again this week.  I almost called it quits, because I was so lacking in sleep.  I am discovering that it's just hard to focus and get anything done when I have serious sleep dept.  Luckily, it was only two days and I planned it easy.  The kids jumped right in and are excited from some of the things we will be starting in the new year.

Another thing that happened this week was the kids using their money to purchase a toy.  They like to save up birthday and Christmas money.  Some of the kids like to save more than others.  Lila decided that she needed to add to her Barbie collection with a dollhouse.  I didn't think it would be quite so big, but she loves it.  We can typically hear delivery men coming and she saw one come up through the window.  When she saw the house, so yelled and got very excited that it was her dollhouse.  I'm sure the delivery man thought it was funny.  

Hyrum used his building skills to help her build the house with some mom help towards the end.  Liam enjoyed playing in the box, because it was just his size.

Probably our most exciting part of the week was our snow day.  We got a bit of snow, that only lasted for a day.  The kids got bundled up and played outside for a couple of hours.  That's one nice thing about homeschool, we can delay and enjoy some magical weather.  The kids built their own snowman.  It's hanging in there in the back yard, but it won't last much longer.


The boys decided to eat some snow.  It wasn't the cleanest snow, but I figured a little extra fiber can't hurt them.  They were all extremely happy and very wet and cold.  It kind of makes me want to live in a place where we get a little more snow...but only kind of.  And yes, all pictures were taken from inside the house, because I'm a chicken and have lived in the south for too long.


We all made it to church today, which is something considering how sick we have all been.  The kids all went to their new classes.  Liam was a little hesitant to go, but I struck up a conversation with his teacher and asked what they would be doing today.  The second she said movie, Liam was sold.  He was totally fine and I left him happy as a lark.

Until next week!

Comments