Spring Break!

We made it to Spring break.  It was a much needed break for everyone, not that it was much of a break, because we fit in a lot things week.  I guess it was just a great break from school, which everyone needs now and then.

Let's start with Monday.  The kids were up bright and early.  Tim came out to find the kids dressed and ready for swim lessons.  They weren't excited at all.  There was a mix up with the lessons, which made it a much longer morning than expected.  The kids still enjoyed themselves.

Monday we managed to also do some spring cleaning.  We/I made it through all the clothes to toss, switch, or put away.  The kids also went through their toys.  We reorganized and got rid of toys they were done with.  I was impressed that they were okay with getting rid of toys.  It's a hard skill to learn even for an adult.  I also started washing bedding and coats that needed to be stored away.  Part of the reason for the big push was we purchased a bunk bed.  We have needed to make a sleeping change for quite some time, but were hoping that we would find a house before we purchased because who likes move more stuff...not us.  We've realized that we just need to move forward like we will be renting long term, still hopeful that something will come up.  Hyrum also had Kuk Sool.

Tuesday was our zoo day.  Tim took off Tuesday and Wednesday, so he was able to come with us.  We definitely could have chosen a warmer day, but it was still a lot of fun.  The animals braved the cold, so we could still see them and we spent some extra time in the dessert and rainforest buildings to warm up.



Favorite animals were the eagles, giraffes, elephants, and penguins.  I don't think I have ever seen eagles before and it was really cool to see so many together.

Tim took Wednesday off, so he could go to one of Lila's dance classes.  Due to the time of day, he has never been able to go.  They got to spend some time together.  I took the boys to Sam's club.  I broke down and got a membership.  As part of the moving forward, we will also be working on food storage.  We still don't have much room for it, but I think I can squeeze in at least six months worth of the basics.  I am also trying to move to shopping twice a month.  Lessons learned don't take the kids because it takes awhile to make it through the store and lesson two is don't take the kids because I have to use the giant carts that don't have a place to buckle kids.  It's going to be a learning experience, but I am hoping it will give me a little more time each week, and cut impulse purchases because we will not be shopping as much.

Tim also built the bunk bed.  Hyrum and Liam are now sharing a bedroom and Lila has her own until Owen moves in with her. 

Owen had a really big week.  Wednesday he officially stopped nursing...wahoo!  Thursday he took his first steps.  It was unexpected, but still very exciting.  He also discovered hats and had cinnamon rolls for the first time.  They were a hit.


I was pretty exhausted by Friday, but the mattresses came and I spent some time moving mattresses and making beds.  I also made some pizza dough and put it in the fridge for Conference.  We went to the library and got a ton of books.  We find that books help the kids pass the time more peacefully.  

Saturday and Sunday were dedicated to General Conference.  I enjoyed and was spiritually lifted by what I was able to hear.  The books helped, but we had plenty of fighting and kids needing help finding something to do.  

The next couple of weeks will be a bit crazy as Tim will be leaving for a medical conference for a week.  I am also going to try to do some container gardening.  Nothing big or fancy, because we have limited space, but hopefully it will be a good experiment for everyone.

Until next week!  

Comments